Writing a blog is an excellent way to express your views, improve SEO, and share information. You can discuss pretty much any topic you want as long as it’s original.
But what exactly do you need to get started? One of the most critical aspects of a successful blog is the banner image (also called a header). The right image will attract visitors and help them learn more about your blog.
What is a Blog Banner? And Why do you need it?
A blog banner is a graphic that appears on the top or side of your blog. Blog banners are used to promote products, services, and events. They can also be used to promote blog posts and articles.
In addition to being an effective marketing tool for your business, a blog banner will help you increase traffic to your website from search engines. Blog banners can appear in many different places on the web such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Featured images are particularly important because they give you an opportunity to include additional information before your content begins. By including relevant keywords and meta tags on your blog banner, you can improve your chances of reaching your target audience
Blog Banner attracts readers
A blog banner is a graphic image that sits at the top of your blog. It’s what readers see when they arrive on your site, and it can be used to attract readers’ attention and interest.
Here are some guidelines for creating an effective blog banner:
- The banner should be eye-catching and attractive, but not too distracting from the page content below it. It should be relevant to the topic of your blog, especially if you’re writing about something specific (like children’s toys or motorcycles).
- You want to make sure that it’s appealing enough for people who don’t already read your content regularly (i.e., those just passing by) to click through and read more.
- If they’re not going to care enough about what they see on their own first impressions—which means there isn’t really any reason for them to stick around then don’t expect them ever come back again after clicking through once either…so make sure everything looks good before putting up anything permanent!
Remember banner size matters
The size of your banner is important. Remember, it needs to fit on a website, so it should be no more than 25% of the screen and no more than 600 pixels wide (about 300 words). It should also be no more than 110 pixels high.
Here are some examples of different sizes:
- Large 600 x 300 px banner on the home page (left) with sidebar links in smaller font size underneath the main content column (right)
- Medium 320 x 250 px in a two-column layout with the navigation below as sub-navigation (left) or as a horizontal menu bar (right)
Best practices for good blog banners
Here are some best practices for creating a great blog banner:
- Use a logo: Your logo should always be at the top of your blog banner and center-aligned, since it’s the most important visual element in your design. If you don’t have one, then you’ll need to hire a designer or create one from scratch with Canva or Adobe Illustrator.
- Use Text: Text plays a vital role in blog banners because the second thing anyone notices after the images is text and gains an idea about the content. The text clarifies the guesses about the content and helps them to decide what the blog is about.
- Use images: Along with logos, images help break up text and give people something interesting to look at when scrolling down their feed—which is why some social media sites like Twitter only show text unless you tap on an image (then it expands).
- You can use stock photos or screenshots from previous posts if they’re relevant and/or interesting enough; just make sure they’re large enough so they won’t get cropped out by other apps that may appear underneath yours!
- Font style and size: The main title of the blog should have a different font style and size to give a different look to the banner. Always remember the main title should have a bigger font size than the description text.
Benefits of Blog Banner
Adding a banner to your blog can help you stand out from the crowd. A well-designed banner will help readers identify who you are and what they can expect from reading your content.
Identify your brand
Your business’ identity is key to success on social media, and a custom-made banner is an opportunity for you to express that identity in a visual way that makes sense for your industry.
When someone visits one of your blogs, they want to know if it’s credible or not—and that includes the design elements of the page itself! A professional-looking banner lends credibility, making visitors more likely to stay and read on (and hopefully share).
Search engine crawlers index both the text and images on websites. Thus, by including a blog banner with relevant keywords and metadata, you can improve your website’s ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
In addition, featured images are particularly important because they allow you to include extra information before your content begins. Therefore, by including a blog banner with relevant keywords and metadata, you can improve your website’s ranking and reach more target audiences.
4 Online Blog Banner Maker
There are a number of online tools that you can use to create banners for your blog. Here are four of the most popular blog banner makers:
1. Canva: Canva is an online design platform that can be used to create all sorts of designs, including banners for your blog. There is a wide selection of templates to choose from, and you can also upload your own images.
2. PicMonkey: PicMonkey is another free online design platform that can be used to create banners for your blog. It also has a wide selection of templates and allows you to upload your own images.
3. Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is a paid design program that can be used to create banners for your blog. It has a wide range of features and tools, making it a powerful option for creating custom designs.
4. Fotor: Fotor is a free online platform that also offers a great blog banner tool. It offers a variety of blog banner templates that you can customize and design as per your wish.
I have discussed a lot about blog banner and their importance, and how you can create a good banner. So do think about it before you get on with your next banner. On the closing note, I would say, pay proper attention to designing a banner and making it relevant enough to your blog content. Implement these practices and let me know the positive effect on your website.
FAQ on Blog Banner
1. What size should a blog banner be?
The recommended size for a blog banner is 600×300 pixels. However, the actual size may vary depending on the platform you use.
2. What should I include in a blog banner?
Your blog banner should include your blog title, a tagline, and a call to action. You may also want to include your blog URL or social media handles.
3. How can I make my blog banner stand out?
There are a few things you can do to make your blog banner stand out. Use bright colors, interesting fonts, and attractive visuals. You may also want to consider using an animation or video.